Postalloy® TungGuard™ PS11W
Postalloy® TungGuard™ PS-11W with Reactive Core Technology™ (RCT) is a non-cracking nickel base hardfacing cored wire containing a special blend of tungsten carbides for extreme abrasion as well as corrosion. The matrix is resistant to acids, bases, lye and other corrosive media. This alloy can be applied crack-free with the proper welding procedures. The alloying elements in the wire produce a higher hardness weld deposit that encapsulates and protects the carbide particles, reducing the premature wear caused by erosion to the carbide particles. As a result it achieves a considerable service life improvement in extreme applications compared to PS-10 which it has replaced. The alloy has a low melting range and features good weldability with a smooth arc, reduces weld dilution and carbide dilution to produce a truly outstanding multi-wear wire. Use on low carbon mild and low alloy steels, stainless, nickel and cast iron.
Please visit our dedicated Tungsten Carbide Hardfacing website here for more information.
- Nickel Base Tungsten Carbide Wire
- Repairing and hardfacing ferritic and austentic stainless steel tools in the Chemical and Food Industries.
- Mixer blades
- Tunnel boring machines
- Fan Blades
- Screw Conveyors
- Brick and clay augers
- Developed for application to downhole tools in the deep oil and gas drilling industry, such as stabilizers.
- Ash Handling systems
- Sinter plant wear parts
- Slag breakers
- Decanter centrifuge
Weld Deposit Properties
- Average weld deposit hardness:
- Aveverage hardness tungsten carbide:
- 2300-2500 HV (70 Rc+)
- Additional information:
- Deposits are slag-free
- **RCT™ Reactive Core Technology improves weldability and optimizes wear properties
- Weld deposits cannot be flame-cut
- Can be applied crack-free with proper welding procedure
- Service temperature up to 1,000 °F (538 °C)
- Deposit Thickness:
- 2 layers maximum
Current Type : DC Electrode Positive
|21-23||160-180||1/16" (1.6mm)||1/2" (12.7mm)|
Preferred Shielding Gas: 100% Argon
It is highly recommended that the gun and cable length be 8 to 10 feet.
Knurled or cogged drive rolls are recommended for use with this wire.
|1/16" (1.6mm)||25 lb (11.30kgs) spool|