Postalloy® Super 35 Flux-coated Electrode
Postalloy® SUPER 35, a general purpose mild steel electrode, simplifies all welding applications involving mild steel and provides the maintenance welder with a tremendous degree of versatility. It is remarkably easy to use even on an AC "buzz box". Postalloy® SUPER 35 is easy to use in all positions and features instant strike and restrike characteristics. The arc is smooth and the slag is self-releasing. Additional benefits include:
- Low smoke volume makes it ideal for confined or poorly ventilated areas.
- Can be used as a contact or "drag" electrode.
- May be used at the lowest possible amperage to prevent burn through on thin sheet metal.
- High amperage capability for deep penetration when welding through rust, paint, grease and dirt.
- Deposits on galvanized steels with little or no burning of the surrounding galvanized coating.
- Leaves no porosity.
- Electrode may be bent without the coating popping off when welding hard to reach corners.
- High degree of moisture resistance.
- Flux-coated Electrode
- General purpose maintenance applications
Weld Deposit Properties
- Tensile Strength:
- 80,000 psi
Current Type: DC Electrode Negative , AC
It is always best to clean the weld area of dirt and other foreign material. However, if it is necessary, Postalloy® SUPER 35 will weld through paint, rust, and grease. Amperages may have to be increased slightly. When welding thin gauge metal, use the lowest amperage possible and maintain a close arc. Hold the electrode about 20° off the perpendicular in the direction of travel. Postalloy® SUPER 35 may be used with a drag technique or with a gap. Backfill all craters. Remove slag.
|3/32" (2.4mm)||Resealable Plastic Box|
|1/8" (3.1mm)||Resealable Plastic Box|
|5/32" (4.0mm)||Resealable Plastic Box|