Postalloy® DuraHard™ 2896-MCG
Postalloy® DuraHard™ 2896-MCG is a non-cracking medium chromium gas-shielded hardfacing overlay designed for applications that require good corrosion, metal-to-metal wear and good abrasion resistance, and a crack-free weld deposit. It can be applied to carbon and alloy steels, and stainless steels. For machine parts and equipment that must be rebuilt back to original dimensions and require a wear resistant overlay in the hardness range of 45 to 50Rc
- Deposits are slag-free
- For machine parts and equipment that must be rebuilt back to original dimensions and require a wear resistant overlay in the hardness range of 45 to 50Rc
Weld Deposit Properties
- Deposits polish in service reducing friction and minimizing wear of the mating surface.
- Good abrasion and wear resistance at elevated temperatures.
- Good corrosion resistance
- Deposit Thickness:
- Deposits thickness unlimited with proper preheat, inter pass, and post-heat
- Heat Resistance:
- Up to 900 °F (482 °C)
- Deposits are machinable with carbide tools and good machining practices.
- 45Rc - 50Rc
Current Type: DC Electrode Positive
|Volts||Amps||Short Arc||Stick Out|
|Volts||Amps||Spray Arc||Stick Out|
Shielding Gas - 75/25 (Argon /CO2), 98/2 (Argon/Oxygen) or other high argon content gas. When welding out-of-position, use the lower ranges of voltages and amperages: 16-19 volts and 100-150 amps.
|1/16" (1.6mm)||25 lb (11.30kg) spool|