Postalloy® A-Max Wear Plates
Postalloy® A-Max Wear Plate is through-hardened abrasion resistant steel, much harder and more wear resistant than conventional AR400 or AR500. It's easy to install in large or small areas.
- Hardness of 61-64 Rc
Postalloy® A-Max Wear Plate was designed to overcome the labor-intensive cost of hardfacing.
- Small and light weight, the wear plate can be installed by any maintenance welder...in any position.
- It can be quickly installed and less expensive than hardface welding…can be installed 10 times faster.
- Less welding means less heat…less warpage and distortion.
- Can be Flame or plasma cut…can be easily cut to any size.
- Can be bolted or welded in place.
- Installs with tack welds using Postalloy® 301 or 305 electrodes, or Postalloy® 301-FCG or 3044-FCG wire.
- Deflector plates
- Mixing paddles
- Truck beds
- Loader buckets
- Charging chutes
- Dozer blades
Weld Deposit Properties
- Wear plate
- 61Rc - 64Rc
Current Type :
|1/4" x 3" x 5"|
|1/4" x 5" x 7"|
Plug weld using Postalloy® 301 or 305 electrodes, or Postalloy® 30-FCG or 3044-FCG wire.
1. You should work from the inside out and plug weld the plates in place.
2. The inside corners should be plugged next.
3. The outer corners should be the last to be plugged.