Postalloy® 301-SPL is a high strength, ductile, crack resistant welding alloy specifically designed for welding problem steels such as, low alloy, high carbon or crack sensitive tool steels. Ideal for welding dissimilar steels- low alloy, spring steels, carbon steels, tool steels. The benefits of Postalloy® 301-SPL include the following:
- Excellent joining characteristics - With the combination of balanced alloy chemistry and high strength, crack resistant weld deposits, the capability to weld dissimilar problem steels is outstanding.
- Carbon has no adverse effects - Carbon, the cause of most problems associated with weld cracking and hard spots, is rendered harmless.
- Acts as a shock absorber during operation - Since Postalloy® 301-SPL does not respond to heat-treatment and remains ductile, it has the ability to withstand heavy impact or shock loading.
- Solid Wire
- Shafts and keyways
- Gear tooth build-up
- Stamping and forging dies
- Shovel teeth and blades
- Wear plates
- Heat-treating parts
- Cracked steel casings
- Jigs and fixtures
- Chain links
Weld Deposit Properties
- Electrode equivalent: Postalloy® 30
- Tensile strength:
- 120,000 psi
- Deposits cannot be flame-cut
- Machinable with carbide tools
Current Type : DC Electrode Positive
|16-27||75-300||.045" (1.2mm)||1/2"-5/8" (12.7-15.8mm)|
Postalloy® 301-SPL can be used in short-arc with Argon/CO(75/25) or in spray-transfer with 2 Argon/Oxygen(98/2). Recommended gas flow is 40-50 cfh. Use short-arc welding for thinner materials, root passes and welding out-of-position. Use spray transfer for welding in the flat position.