Postalloy® 301-FCG is a high strength, crack resistant flux-cored, gas-shielded all-position welding alloy specifically designed for welding problem steels such as low alloy, high carbon or crack sensitive tool steels. Ideal for welding dissimilar steels - low alloy, spring steels, carbon steels, tool steels. The benefits of Postalloy® 301-FCG include:
- Excellent joining characteristics - With the combination of balanced alloy chemistry and high strength, crack resistant weld deposits, the capability to weld dissimilar problem steels is outstanding.
- Carbon has no adverse effects - Carbon, the cause of most problems associated with weld cracking and hard spots, is rendered harmless.
- Acts as a shock absorber during operation - Since Postalloy® 301-FCG does not respond to heat-treatment and remains ductile, it has the ability to withstand heavy impact or shock loading.
- Shafts and keyways
- Gear tooth buildup
- Stamping and forging dies
- Shovel teeth and blades
- Wear plates
- Heat-treating parts
- Cracked steel casings
- Jigs and fixtures
- Chain links
Weld Deposit Properties
- Electrode equivalent: Postalloy® 30
- Tensile strength:
- 120,000 psi
- Deposits cannot be flame-cut
- Machinable with carbide tools
Current Type : DC Electrode Positive
|Flat: 25-27||Flat: 180-200||.045" (1.2mm)||Flat: 5/8"-3/4" (15.8-19mm)|
|Vertical: 24-26||Vertical: 150-170||.045" (1.2mm)||Vertical: 5/8"-3/4" (15.8-19mm)|
|Overhead: 25-27||Overhead: 175-195||.045" (1.2mm)||Overhead: 5/8"-3/4" (15.8-19mm)|
Gas Coverage - Argon/CO2(75/25) at a flow rate of 40 cfh