Postalloy® 242 is a chromium-vanadium tool steel hardfacing electrode. Primary applications include overlays of hot-work forging die impressions and hardfacing of steel scrap and demolition shear jaws.
- Ideal for overlay of hot-working die impressions that must be in the machinable range of hardness as welded.
- Excellent choice for mobile scrap shear jaws and demolition equipment made by Labounty, Allied-Gator, Imax, Tramac and others. Postalloy® 242 hardface deposits are the perfect hardness to resist crushing and spalling.
- Flux-coated Electrode
- A versatile alloyed electrode for reclamation of hammer and press dies with excellent properties at high temperatures and ideal edge retention properties.
- Also, excellent for steel scrap and demolition shear jaws.
- Ideal for overlays of hot-work forging die impressions.
Weld Deposit Properties
- Tempered hardness:
- Excellent all position capabilities
- Alternative wire: DuraForge™ 2742-FCG
- 41Rc - 45Rc
Current Type : DC Electrode Positive , AC
Hardfacing steel scrap shear jaws - preheat temperature should be a minimum of 350 °F (177 °C). Interpass temperature not to exceed 450 °F (232 °C). If build-up is required prior to hardfacing the steel shear jar, Postalloy® 306HD is recommended. peen each weld pass to relieve stress. Allow to cool slowly. For overlay of hot-working forging dies, please consult a Postle Hardface Engineer.
|1/8" (3.2mm)||Resealable Plastic Box|
|5/32" (4mm)||Resealable Plastic Box|