Postalloy® 233HD Tubular Electrode
Postalloy® 233HD is a chromium carbide tubular hardface electrode with the addition of niobium. The addition of this alloy improves the abrasion resistance of the weld deposit. It's tubular structure permits higher travel speeds and much higher percentages of carbide forming elements contained in the core than with ordinary flux-coated electrodes. Due to its unique tubular design, Postalloy® 233HD offers very smooth operational characteristics and is over 90% efficient.
Weld deposit chemistry consist of chromium and niobium carbides combined in such a way as to produce extremely good abrasion resistance coupled with mild to moderate impact resistance. Deposits take on a high polish to resist sliding particle abrasion and will maintain good hot hardness up to 1000 °F (538 °C).
- High metal recovery - no slag to chip
- Low amperage and high deposition rates - up to 3 times faster than ordinary electrodes
- Moisture resistant coating, even under severe weather or high humidity.
- Flux-coated Tubular Electrode
- Mining and construction screw conveyors
- Clamshell and dragline buckets
- Bucket lips and teeth
- Shredder & Fibrizer hammers
- Dozer end bits
- Chutes, liner plates
- Scraper and grader blades
Weld Deposit Properties
- Relief checks readily to prevent stress build-up
- Cannot be flame-cut
- **RCT™ Reactive Core Technology improves weldability and optimizes wear properties.
- Deposit Thickness:
- 2-3 passes
- 58Rc - 62Rc
Current Type : DC Electrode Positive , AC
Remove old hardfacing and any fatigued base metal. Postalloy® 250 gouging electrode is useful for this purpose. Preheat from 200-400 °F (93-204 °C) is recommended for steels with a carbon content of .25 to .45. Steels with a higher carbon level should be preheated from 400-700 °F (204-371 °C). Do not preheat austenitic manganese steel. Do not apply more than two layers. On manganese or hardened steel, an intermediate or cushion layer of Postalloy® 207 is recommended.
|1/4" (6.4mm)||Resealable Plastic Box|
|3/8" (10.0mm)||Resealable Plastic Box|