Postalloy® 220HD Tubular Electrode
TUNGSTEN CARBIDE TUBULAR ELECTRODE
Postalloy® 220HD contains increased levels of tungsten carbide compared to Postalloy® 219HD, with additional chrome and cobalt for toughness. The unique blend of tungsten carbide and chrome provides a high polish in service to reduce the coefficient of friction. When protection against severe abrasion is needed, Postalloy® 220HD is an ideal choice.
- Low amperage and high metal recovery - no slag to chip. Postalloy® 220HD is over 90% efficient.
- High deposition rates - up to 3 times faster than ordinary electrodes
- Moisture resistant coating, even under severe weather or high humidity
Please visit our dedicated Tungsten Carbide Hardfacing website here for more information.
- Flux-coated Tubular Electrode alloyed with Tungsten Carbide, Cobalt and Chrome
- Conveyor screws and augers
- Cutter and dredge teeth
- Mixer paddles and blades
- Shredder and anvil knives
- Bucket pin ends
- Coal and cement fans
- Tamping tools
Weld Deposit Properties
- Tungsten carbide hardness:
- Relief checks readily to prevent stress build-up
- Deposit Thickness:
- 2 layers
- 64Rc - 68Rc
Current Type : DC Electrode Positive , AC
Remove old hardfacing and any fatigued base metal. Postalloy® 250 gouging electrode is useful for this purpose. Preheat from 200-400 °F (93-204 ºC) is recommended for steels with a carbon content of .25 to .45. Steels with a higher carbon level should be preheated from 400-700 ºF (204-371 ºC). Do not preheat austenitic manganese steels. Use a minimum arc length equal to about the diameter of the electrode. Hold the electrode at 90º to the work surface for a proper application. Do not apply more than two layers. On manganese or hardened steel, an intermediate or cushion layer of Postalloy® 207 is recommended.
|1/4" (6.4mm)||Resealable Plastic Box|
|3/8" (10mm)||Resealable Plastic Box|
|1/2" (12.7mm)||Resealable Plastic Box|