Postalloy® 217HD Tubular Electrode
Postalloy® 217HD is modified chromium carbide tubular hardfacing electrode, alloyed with niobium and a small addition of molybdenum. The microstructure has very fine carbides which give improved wear, erosion and impact resistance over traditional chromium carbides. It is designed for applications that require more abrasion resistance than Postalloy® 215HD. The carbide concentration is denser and slightly harder but less brittle than Postalloy® 215HD providing a better, more wear-resistant surface.
- Excellent DC operation.
- High metal recovery - no slag to chip. Postalloy® 217HD is over 90% efficient.
- Low amperage
- High deposition rates - up to 3 times faster than ordinary electrode
- Moisture resistant
- Flux-coated Tubular Electrode
- Mining and quarry equipment
- Dredge bucket lips and teeth
- Scraper and grader blades
- Crusher mantles and liners
- Screw conveyors
- Construction equipment
- Excellent final layer on manganese jaw crushers and swing hammers
- The 1/4" (6.4mm) size is ideal for vertical, edge and stringer beads
- The 3/8" (10mm) size is ideal for covering large areas and button hardfacing
Weld Deposit Properties
- Weld deposits will relief check-crack readily
- Deposit Thickness:
- 2 layers
- Heat Resistance:
- Excellent up to 1100 °F (593 °C)
- 50Rc - 60Rc
Current Type : DC Electrode Positive , AC
Remove old hardfacing and any fatigued metal if weld spalling or cracking is a problem. Many steels can be hardfaced without special preheats, if the welding alloy used has relief checking. A low preheat of 150 °F (66 °C) may sometimes aid in weldability. Do not preheat austenitic manganese steels. The interpass temperature of austenitic manganese and most steels should be less than 500 °F (260 °C). Electrode angles should be slightly less than 90°. Do not apply more than two layers. A short arc length and stringer beads are recommended to reduce weld dilution.
|1/4" (6.4mm)||Resealable Plastic Box|
|3/8" (10mm)||Resealable Plastic Box|
|1/2" (12.7mm)||Resealable Plastic Box|